Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and dented it?
记得那一次我借过你的新车
thought you'd kill me,but you didn't,
我却撞凹了它,我以为你会杀了我,可是你没有。
And remember the time I dragged you to the beach,
记得那一次我拖你去海滩
and you said it would rain, and it did?
你说天会下雨,果然下了
I thought you'd say, "I told you so." But you didn't.
我以为你会说我,告诉过你啦,可是你没有
Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie all over your car rug?
记得那一次我在你新刷的地毯上吐了满地的草莓饼
I thought you'd leave, but you didn't.
我以为你会厌恶我,可是你没有
Do you remember the time I flirted with all the guys to make you jealous, and you were?
记得那次我向所有男子挑逗, 来引你嫉妒.
but you didn't.
可你却没有
And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you showed up in jeans?
记得那一次我忘记告诉你那个舞会是穿礼服的
I thought you'd drop me, but you didn't.
而你只穿了牛仔裤到场,我以为你必然放弃我,可是你没有
Yes, there were lots of things you didn't do.
是的,有许多许多的事你全都没有做
But you put up with me, and loved me, and protected me.
因为你容忍我钟爱我保护我
There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you.
有许多事情我要回报你
when you returned from Vietnam.
等你从越南回来
But you didn't.
可是你没有
我说。
越南以南,不归的思念。---
曾经以为,爱情,必定是轰轰烈烈,热情洋溢的,从未考虑过一份平淡的感情是这么的值得用生命等待,才发现爱情其实就这么简单,就像普通的一句;
可是你没有。